Tuesday, August 11, 2009

My New Phobia


It's official as of today. I'm scared of magpies.

I was just standing on the oval at school when one just swooped down on me missing my head by centemetres. I swear it's eyes were red. Spooky. Also today I was walking home, and I decided to cut through the outdoor tennis courts. The nets are all packet away at winter, so it looked just like a massive field wih random poles. Then I saw him. The magpie was pretty big, and it was just staring at me. It was! I remembered that someone once told me that if a magpie starts to swoop, the best thing to do is grab a stick and wave it over your head. Or f you don't have a stick, just use your arms. Well, I couldn't see a stick anywhere so I started waving my arms over my head like a fool. I hope no one saw me.


So yeah. Does anyone else have any phobias? Any strange or funny ones? I know that Sasha from The Sweet Bonjour has a phobia of buttons (sorry to rub it in, Sasha!)!
Just comment and let me know!

5 comments:

Dancer! said...

Love your blog

Anonymous said...

I have a little fear of bulls. Becuase me and my friend Danielle got chased by one. We were crying and screaming and everything...

Anonymous said...

I had a magpie swoop me once, it FREAKED ME OUT!!!!!!!!!

You just have to make sure to wear sunnies and a hat, that way you've got some protection.

But the point is, they're males protecting the nest, so keep an eye out for where they are.

Anonymous said...

Wow, every magpie I've seen has been pretty timid, but I'd probably have a phobia of them if that happened to me!!

Amber Kirk-Ford said...

OMG CHERRYDIVA LOOK BEHIND YOU, THERE IS A MAGPIE! ARGH! Sorry, only joking, I'm so mean aren't I, lol. I've had one give me evil eyes before, but it's never swooped down on me. I think I'd probably be scared of them too if it did!