Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Super Pledge


HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII! How's everyone? Good? Bad? Cold? I know I am. Those people in the Northern Hemisphere..........I envy you!

So, anyway. If you've been reading Anna Banana's blog, you'll most likely know about the 'Hands And Words Are Not For Hurting' project. If you don't, well no panicking because I'm here an I'll tell you ALL about it.


So. The HAWANFH project is like a pledge that you take to help stop abuse, which gives me the creepies. I, personally think it's a FABULOUS idea and everyone who's heart isn't made of steel, or who doesn't have little siblings, should do it!


I've copied the instructions from Anna's blog:


'this involves taking the pledge(saying it or you could write it on your piece of paper) and either tracing round you hand in purple texta or dipping your hand in paint printing it. we make purple hands because purple is the we use to honor and remember victims of violence, people to afraid to get help and those who have died. it is also considered the colour of feminism. the read heart symbolises when you get hurt or when you hurt someone else that it hurts deeply. the open hand (the shape you trance) means stop, think before you make the decision on your actions. finally when taking the pledge you say it with one hand raise like if in court and you really mean, their is no point taking the pledge if you don't mean it. you them write your name and age and stick it up somewhere important. the pledge is:


"I will not use my hands or words to hurt others or myself."'


Ooooooooooooookayyyyyyyyyyyyyy. Hope you all take the pledge!


To get more info, go to http://www.handsproject.org/home/. Or read 'Call Me Hope', which is obviously a book.



See ya!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...Or read 'Call Me Hope', which is obviously a book.

^^ Haha, that made me LoL!! :L