Tuesday, May 19, 2009

La Eurovision!

Hi guys! Firstly, as you may have noticed I am not very good at coming up with titles, so don't mock me. OK just saying, in case you haven't noticed, I got my own bookshelf on my blog! But the silly thing won't display all my books at once, so hit 'next' to see all my other books. Of coarse, these ain't ALL my books (I have a heap more) so yeah.

Sorry if I sound a bit grumpy but On Sunday I went to bed at 12 and then had to get up at 7am so I'm still kinda tired. "Why was that cherry-obsessed girl up 'till midnight?" you may ask. Well, I'll tell ya. I was watching Eurovision with my family. Did anyone else watch it? Eurovision is this show where all these countries from Europe chose a singer and then compete. It's like Austalian Idol or something, but it's all in three days.

I watched the semi-final on Saturday and the final on Sunday. Last year Russia won, so this year it was in Moscow (Russia's capital) and that's another reason why we should watch it because my family is actually from Russia, but we live in Australia. Betcha didn't know that, eh? You can hardly notice my accent though, and I'm a real chatterbox in both Russian AND English. I speak Russian at home.

Anyway, I'm getting way off the point. So. Eurovision. The Russians made a pretty big show of it, but it was pleasant to watch. Norway won. They had a really good song and the guy performing it was pretty cute so I say they deserved it. If you wanna watch it go to You Tube and type in 'eurovision 2009 norway'. Some other countries that were good were Azerbaijan, Ireland, UK, Croatia, Estonia and some other countries I can't remember. The Russian performance was shocking though (in Australia is you say something was shocking it means it was really bad)! I mean no offence, but the woman was wearing something that looked like it was a dress made out of a curtain and shoelaces!!! Last year's was pretty good though. This dude called Dima Bilan sang it.

What else was I gonna say? Oh yeah, I got this REALLY cool new hoodie (sweatshirt, jumper, whatever you want to call it). It's a kind of rose pink and it says the clothing brand (Rusty) on the front with silver, sparkly letters. I'll show you a picture as soon as I find one!!!

So tell me what you think of all this!

No comments: